Motherhood is often described as being strangely lonely. Before becoming a mother myself, I failed to understand how this was possible. After all, isn't that the joke with motherhood? That you're never alone? That you can't even use the restroom in peace without little ones following your every move? It was once I became a mother, and once my friends became mothers, that I understood.
As mothers, our days are wrapped up in the smiles of our children. Our days are navigated by busy schedules and our nights leave us depleted and exhausted. As a result, friendships often take the back burner -- and for that, motherhood can very much be lonely. I try to make it a point to send some happy mail to friends here and there, just to let them know I'm thinking of them. You never know when something will arrive on a day when your mama friend may need a little sunshine to warm up her day. Knowing someone is thinking of you on a hard day, well, it can feel like a hug that spans time and distance!
Here are some of my favorite just-because gifts from mama to mama, just to say I see you, friend.
1. You Are Enough tee by The Blue Envelope
Available at tbeapparel.com
2. Pop Culture Greeting Cards by Diamond Donatello
Available at diamonddonatello.etsy.com
3. Wake Up Coffee & Cane Sugar Scrub by Jolie Bloom
Available at joliebloom.com
4. The Struggle Is Real Wine Glass by Wine By The Glass
Available at etsy.com/shop/winebytheglass
5. You Are Loved Wall Art by 154andco
Available at etsy.com/shop/154andcompany
6. Caramels by The Caramel Jar
Available at thecarameljar.etsy.com
7. Don't Worry Be Happy Bangle by The Silver Loft
Available at thesilverloft.com
8. Thelma & Louise Tees by Wire and Honey
Available at wireandhoney.com
9. Females Are Strong As Hell Candle by Lemon Cakes Studio
Available at etsy.com/shop/LemonCakesStudio
10. Loves Me Coffee by Paramount Coffee Company
Available at paramountcoffee.com
Contributor: Lindsay Poveromo-Joly